RTGS system and DNS system


Latest change: 14 November 2022  


Indicators of performed payment transactions in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro in October 20221


During 21 working days in October 2022, a total of 1,063,841 payment orders were performed through the CBCG Payment System. Of this number 390,179 orders or 36.68% were performed in the RTGS system and the remaining 673,662 or 63.32% orders related to the DNS system.


The value of performed payment transactions in RTGS system and DNS system amounted to 1.54 billion euros, out of which 1.45 billion euros (93.91%) was the value of the payment transactions performed through the RTGS system, while 94 million euros (6.09%) were performed in the DNS system.


The average daily volume of the performed payment transactions through both RTGS system and DNS system, presented through the number of orders, amounted to 50,659 orders, while the average daily value of payment transactions amounted to 73.52 million euros.


During 11,445 minutes of production2 for 21 working days in October 2022, there were no delays in system operations, thus the availability of RTGS system and DNS system was 100.00%.


Appendix


1 Note: Since January 2018, the Central Bank of Montenegro publishes data on performed national payment transactions in the CBCG Payment System (RTGS system and DNS system).

  • Until 31 December 2017, the collection of data on internal (interbank) payment transactions was carried out in accordance with the Decision on Reports to be Submitted to the Central Bank of Montenegro (OGM 64/12).

  • Decision on Reporting to the Central Bank of Montenegro (OGM 82/17) specifies that data on payment transactions are to be collected on quarterly basis.

2 Daily production was 545 minutes.

 


Performed payment transactions in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro in 2021


During 256 working days or 130.560 minutes of production in 2021, 11,418,467 orders were performed in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro (RTGS system and DNS system), of which 4,196,127 (36.75%) through the RTGS system, while 7,222,340 orders (63.25%) were performed through DNS system.


The value of performed payment transactions in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro (RTGS system and DNS system), amounted to 15.5 billion euros, of which 14.6 billion euros (94.27%) were performed  through the RTGS system, while 887.5 million euros (5.73%) were performed through DNS system.


More information can be found in the CBCG’s Annual Report.